Comment and E-Mail Policy
I encourage you to comment. However, due to the many abusive e-mails and comments I have received, I decided to publish a policy. I reserve the right to delete comments and ban commenters at my own discretion.
- Identify yourself. Use your real name. Do not write to me using aliases. I have told you my name, and I expect you to tell me yours. If I suspect that you are trying to hide your identity, you will be banned.
- If you make absurd claims without any evidence, you will be banned. I do not want to waste my time responding to unreasonable people, and I don’t want the readers of this site to be distracted by misinformation. Example of some absurd claims that people have actually made: “Americans actually say ‘pasketpall’, whereas the British say ‘basketball'” / “All English punctuation marks come from Hindi because Hindi is an older language”.
- Please try to comment on a relevant page. If you’re not sure where to comment, then you may comment anywhere. However, if you read a page and you have a question about that page, please comment on that page.
- Please do not add any irrelevant images to comments. I don’t know why, but many people post a huge picture of themselves. I will delete such comments. I don’t want irrelevant images to pollute the comment thread.
- Please try to consolidate comments. If you write one comment, and you want to add something, it is acceptable to post more than one comment. However, some people carelessly post 8 comments within a few seconds of each other when they could have just written a single comment. This pollutes the comment thread, making it harder to read.