2011 was the year of inception. This site was created on April 14th, 2011. Its original purpose was to be a grammar reference, but the site has expanded far beyond this original intent.
2012 was the year of transformation. The site received a custom design, its implementation was completely changed, and many new features were added.
2013 will be, I hope, the year of expansion. I plan to add new features and a lot more content.
Tentatively, here are my ideas:
- “Lessons” – casual, humorous, inductive Hindi tutorials
- Regular Vocabulary updates (5 daily)
- More content: more tutorials, dialogs, grammar articles, exercises, etc.
- Q & A format improvements
- Notes – frequent, brief, miscellaneous articles about Hindi
- Grammar article revisions
- More rigorous proofreading
- Script tutor demonstrating how to write Devanagari, possibly with animations
- Audio – recordings of the pronunciation of Devanagari letters, words, audio lessons, audio exercises, etc.
- Learning tips – advice about how to learn Hindi effectively
- Reviews – reviews of websites, books, etc.
- An overview page that summarizes all of the content on the site
- More information on the About page
- More links
- Indexes – lists of information such as familial relationships, numbers, months, days, time, etc.
- Common Hindi phrases
- More information about the Hindi language itself
- Transcripts of various audio recordings that I have transcribed
- Transliteration – information about transliterated Hindi words
- A Hindi blog – a blog written in Hindi
- English blog posts
- Media reviews of TV shows, etc.
- Feedback via Facebook, Twitter, and Disqus – I want to encourage interaction from the site’s users.
This is an ambitious list, and I have other priorities, so I can’t promise that I will accomplish everything that I want to accomplish next year, but I certainly intend to try. Regardless, you can look forward to a lot of great content on this site in 2013!